Social Security Scheme
In order to care for the members of the SHG who are totally committed to grow collectively joining hands with all the members of SHGs Social Security Scheme is implemented. The scheme is being implemented from January 1st 2012 onwards. As on date (end of April 2013) the total membership enrolled is 31,742.
They just pay a sum of Rs.100 towards its membership and they avail manifold benefits of insurance coverage, scholarships for their children, medical claims and other welfare schemes as said in the programme in detail.
Salient features of the scheme
- If a member dies in an accident a sum of Rs.25,000/- will be given to the family as a support.
- Due to accident if a member loses limbs, vision and becomes disabled permanently or partially a sum of Rs.10, 000/- will be offered.
- If the husband of the member dies in an accident, the family will be offered a sum of Rs.5000/- .
- When a member’s first daughter gets married a sum of Rs.5000/- will be offered as a help.
- When a member’s daughter completes +2 she will be given a support of Rs.1000/- .